Monday, October 10, 2011

Primitive Halloween Pillow Inspiration

I wanted to share with you three Primitive Style Halloween Pillows that I made a few years ago using scrap fabric, scrap felt and some embroidery floss.  I used garage sale pillows for the forms.  Hope that these inspire you to make your own!

Harvest Pumpkins


Witch Costume

Signs of the Season

For the Harvest Pumpkin Pillow, I used a primitive stitch using embroidery floss to affix the fabrics and create rustic effects.


The fringe along the edge was just a strip of fabric that I cut notches into to create a primitive fringe.  I then sewed on the unfinished edge as shown.


The Witch Costume Pillow was a really fun one to make!  I originally wanted to add a "wart nose" as well, but I had a hard time making it look right.  Any suggestions?
  

Finally, the Signs of the Season Pillow was a combination of a few other pillows I wanted to make, but I ran out of garage sale pillow inserts!  So, I put them all together and I love it (especially the bat)! I used fabric glue on the felt and added diamond eyes to give the bat a little something extra. 


I pull these pillows out every Autumn and they always add that homemade touch to my seasonal displays!


The Fake-It Yourself Breakdown:

Homemade Primitive Halloween Pillows (Garage Sale Inserts $0.25 Each, Scrap Fabric $0.00)

Total Fake-It Yourself Cost:  $0.75 for Three

Compare to this Store Bought Version on Amazon:  $19.00 Each
Credit
Total Fake-It Yourself Savings:  $59.22

Linking Up at Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog and these other Great Parties!   

3 comments:

  1. So CUTE - your pillows look fabulous, and the simple stitchery works perfectly! You've inspired me to try adapt these ideas to garden flags...I think even "I" could pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love them all!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Compliments and Frugal Tips Only, Please!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...